Thursday, November 23, 2017

Stamping on Glass

I showed you these Stamped Jars in this post. Today I want to show you the fun we had making them and pass on some tips for stamping on glass.



My 9 year old, Isaac, and I laughed a lot as we worked out the process. We found that Archival Basic Black Ink was our best choice. Stazon can also be used. The good news is that if you get a smeared image you can wipe off the wet ink and start again. We started again many times :)



Our jars had mostly flat sides, rounded at the corners. If your unmounted stamp fits in the flat space you can simply apply ink and stamp.


Our stamps were larger so in this try I am covering the stamp with my hand and applying pressure all around. The trick is in lifting the stamp off the jar without smearing the wet ink.



Another technique is to lay the stamp on the work surface - ink up.
Roll the jar carefully across the stamp. 



This method worked well but be sure to roll the jar across the entire image. 




Have fun finding new things to stamp!


(This post was re-created after the original was accidently deleted)



No comments: