Tuesday, September 6, 2011

My Fall Wreath

On page 6 of the Holiday Mini is a beautiful picture of a wreath introducing the Simply Scored. I had a lot of fun creating my version...
I used strips of the Spice Cake designers series paper along with Cherry Cobbler and Pear Pizzazz card stock cut in widths of 1", 1.25", 1.5", 1.75" & 2". For the larger sizes two 12" DSP or, 11.5" CS, strips are attached end-to-end with Sticky Strip after scoring. It does take a lot of scoring at every 1/8" but the Simply Scored makes it so easy! Folded rosettes are glued to 1.25" or 1.75" circles of CS using Crystal Effects and weighted down for drying time. I found that I had some container lids the larger rosettes fit into perfectly to keep them in the correct shape while drying. Embellish to your heart's desire and attach to a wreath form with a hot glue gun. I cut about a 10" circle from chipboard weight backing of a package of Specialty Designer Series Paper. Enjoy!

4 comments:

MelodyR aka Ry&MysMom said...

So adorable! Love the colors!

Cindy@ Scrap-obsessed.blogspot.com said...

Carla your wreath is beautiful. I love the colors and different size rosettes.

Carolyn/MamaC said...

Thank you for sharing your beautiful wreath! What a fun idea to use rosettes! Your colors are really nice!
Carolyn
cccscraproom@windstream.net
http://cccscraproom.blogspot.com

Carolyn/MamaC said...

Please go to my blog. I have an award for you!
Carolyn
http://cccscraproom.blogspot.com
cccscraproom@windstream.net