Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Playing with my Stampin'Up! Starter Kit!

I finally had a chance to play with my new toys and I am so excited! I love the Whisper White paper for stamping. It has the most amazing smooth finish that makes a huge difference in how well the stamped image turns out.
The paper used for this card is Whisper White and Real Red. I used the Real Red stamp pad to stamp the hearts from the I{Heart}Hearts set. The background images were first stamped on a scrap piece of paper to lighten the final image. Three of the hearts were stamped fully inked, cut out, and popped off the card with stampin' dimensionals.

For this card, I used Whisper White and Marina Mist card stock and a 1.5 inch strip of Daffodil Delight designer series paper. The Fast Flowers standard wheel was rolled across the bottom using Marina Mist ink. The flower stem and flowers were stamped with For All You Do stamps in Old Olive and Marina Mist. Happy Birthday Wishes was added from the Fun & Fast Notes set. And of course, a Whisper White satin ribbon bow completes the look.

No comments: