Saturday, November 10, 2012

Silver Glimmer Ornament Punch Card

I have been wanting to try this technique since my Nov/Dec Stampin' Success magazine arrived. Stampin' Success is an exclusive magazine for Stampin' Up! Demonstrators but you can sneak a peek here.
Can you see it? I punched 2 ornament punches from the Silver Glimmer paper, cut one in half, used the Scallop Border Trim punch along the bottom and used a sponge dauber to color it with Cherry Cobbler. I heat set it with the heat tool, layered it on the silver ornament with mini glue dots, and embellished with Rhinestone Basic Jewels.

Stamp Set: Border Banter
Card Stock: Whisper White & Cherry Cobbler, Silver Glimmer
Ink: Cherry Cobbler
Accessories: Big Shot, Holiday Frame Embossing Folder, Bitty Banners Framelits, Ornament Punch, Cherry Cobbler 1/2" Seam Binding Ribbon, Rhinestone Basic Jewels, Mini Glue Dots, Dimensionals

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Silver Glimmer Ornament Punch Card
Love this card and would love to case it. However, I am a litte lost where you say.."I heat set it with the heat tool." Could you please explain? Thank you once again...a beautiful card.

Carla Blake said...

Thank you! The silver glimmer paper doesn't allow the classic ink to absorb and dry well so I applied heat with the heat tool used for powder embossing to dry the ink.